Pokémon HOME, the awaited Pokémon transfer application, is available starting today on Nintendo Switch, iOS, and Android: here are all the details.
Pokémon HOME is available starting today on Nintendo Switch, iOS, and Android. It is an application that refers to a cloud service and allows you to transfer your Pokémon.
Pokémon HOME is a cloud-based service for Nintendo Switch and compatible mobile devices, designed as a place where all Pokémon can come together.
If you connect the same Nintendo Account to both the Nintendo HOME version for Nintendo Switch and to the mobile device version, you will be able to access the same Pokémon Boxes on both versions of the application!
With Pokémon HOME, you can move Pokémon between compatible games, trade Pokémon wherever you are and much more!
Moving Pokémon in Pokémon HOME
The Nintendo HOME version of the Nintendo Switch supports linking with the following Nintendo Switch games: Pokémon Sword, Pokémon Shield, Pokémon: Let’s Go, Pikachu! and Pokémon: Let’s Go, Eevee!
Both versions of Pokémon HOME for Nintendo Switch and mobile devices support connection with the Nintendo 3DS software Pokémon Bank.
In the future, support will also be extended to Pokémon GO.
Exchange Pokémon Use your mobile device to trade Pokémon wherever you are and at any time! You can trade Pokémon through Pokémon HOME with your mobile device in four ways.
- The Prodigious Box – The Pokémon deposited in the Prodigious Box will be exchanged with players from all over the world in the blink of an eye! The exchange can take place even while you are not using Pokémon HOME. If you purchase a premium service (for a fee), you will also be able to trade more Pokémon at once.
- The GTS (Global Trade System) – Thanks to the GTS, you can specify which Pokémon you want to offer for an exchange and which you want to receive. You will then be looking for a Trainer whose requests match your requirements. You can even request Pokémon that you have not yet registered in the Pokémon HOME National Pokédex! If you purchase a premium service (for a fee), you will also be able to trade more Pokémon at once.
- Group Exchange – Group Exchange allows you to create a virtual group to exchange Pokémon with the players who access it. Each group can accommodate up to a maximum of 20 people. To add some suspense, you won’t be able to know which Pokémon you will receive until the exchange is complete. Group exchange is available at no cost, but you can only create a group if you have the premium (paid) service.
Pokémon HOME offers many functions that you can use to connect Pokémon series video games and much more!
- The National Pokédex – When you deposit Pokémon in Pokémon HOME Boxes, they are registered in the National Pokédex. If the Pokémon you have deposited can evolve or Digimax, its forms will also be recorded! In the National Pokédex, you will be able to see all the Pokédex descriptions of different games in one place. With the version of Pokémon HOME for mobile devices, you will be able to see much more than the descriptions of the Pokédex. There will also be each Pokémon’s skills and moves it can learn!
- Secret Gifts – You can receive Secret Gifts in the mobile version of Pokémon HOME! Thanks to this function, you will be able to receive the Secret Gifts of Pokémon Sword and Pokémon Shield, as well as gifts from Pokémon HOME. Pokémon received on Pokémon HOME can be deposited directly into an application box. You will also be able to receive some gifts, such as tools to give to your Pokémon, if you receive a code for a Secret Gift in Pokémon HOME and use it in Pokémon Sword or Pokémon Shield.
- The evaluation system – If you purchased the premium service you will have access to the evaluation system, which allows you to check the strength of your Pokémon.
- Your Home – In your Home, you will be able to see all kinds of information on events or games related to Pokémon HOME. You can also edit your profile using stickers. You can get stickers if you meet certain requirements or if you carry out certain activities, or the objectives present in Pokémon HOME.
- The battles screen – In the Pokémon HOME mobile app, you can check the progress of the Competitive Fights and the various Online Competitions of Pokémon Sword and Pokémon Shield and see the rankings of the Pokémon protagonists of these battles. Just go to the “Fights” screen to see the results of each Trainer and find out which Pokémon moves are the most popular in competitions.
- Notifications – In Pokémon HOME for mobile devices, you can receive information on Pokémon distributions as a gift and update you on the Online Competitions for Pokémon Sword and Pokémon Shield.
- Pokémon HOME points – Pokémon HOME points are accumulated in Pokémon HOME as you deposit Pokémon. With the Pokémon HOME version for Nintendo Switch, you can convert your Pokémon HOME points to PL (Fight Points) for use in the main series Pokémon games.