At 33 years of age, Keira Knightley has become a well-known actress of cinema and television, with a special predilection for the tapes of the era, yes, those that like you can play a queen, a humble courtesan.
Keira Christina Knightley born 26 march 1985 in Teddington, a suburb of London, England. Her mother, Sharman Macdonald, is a well known writer of theatre, and her father, Will Knightley, is an actor of theater and television.
Due to the influence of his parents, was always convinced that I wanted to be an actress. In the mid 90’s he began his pininos in the nearby theatres to the living, but it was in 1999, thanks to its huge resemblance to Natalie Portman, George Lucas chose her to play the decoy (or the double) of the “Princess Padmé”, in Star Wars Episode I: The phantom menace.
In fact, during the filming, Liam Neeson and Ewan McGregor were confusing the actresses. Up to their mothers, to see them fully made up, could not distinguish who was who.
Gradually his career began to rise, until they participated in the tape Bend it Like Beckham (2002) where he acted alongside Jonathan Rhys Meyers. With this role she became famous all over the world, as a woman, a tomboy and a rebel. This appearance made the chose to play Elizabeth Swann, in the saga of Pirates of the Caribbean, with which it consolidated its claim to fame.
In 10.mx THE UNIVERSAL we bring you a count of the tapes in which he has appeared, Keira Knightley, and that, definitely, are basic in their artistic career.
1. “Bend It Like Beckham” (2002). It is one of the roles that brought him good reviews. I was playing “Jules”, a player who maintains a close friendship with the main character, “Jess” (Parminder Nagra). Both of them love the soccer and her coach “Joe”. A tape in which claims to equality and tolerance between cultures and sexes.
2. “Pride & prejudice” (2005). It is an adaptation of Jane Austen’s novel. She played “Elizabeth Bennet”, whose mother is fighting desperately to get a husband for their daughters. In the dance of welcome for the lord, “Bingley”, “Lizzie” meet “Mr.
Darcy”, though at first sight it seems too proud and arrogant. Thanks to this work he achieved a nomination for an Oscar and began to turn towards the films of the period.
3. “Love actually” (2003). In this romantic comedy, gives life to “Juliet”, a girl committed, who discovers that the best friend of her future husband is head-over-heels in love with her. The climax of the story is already part of the romantic film of the century.
4. “A dangerous method” (2011). It is a story of sexual discovery and intellectual based on actual events from the turbulent relationship between the young psychiatrist Carl Jung (Michael Fassbender) and Sigmund Freud (Viggo Mortensen). Sabrina Spielrein (Keira Knightley) is the patient is decisive in the birth of psychoanalysis.
5. “Anna Karenina” (2012). The story unfolds in the NINETEENTH century and explores the relationships between the members of the high Russian society. Keira gives life to “Anna Karenina”, who falls in love with the young and handsome officer “Vronski”, and abandons her husband and her son to follow her lover. This is a new adaptation of the novel of Leo Tolstoy.
6. “Begin Again” (2013). Plays “Gretta”, who is the girlfriend of “Dave” (Adam Levine) since they were in school. Come to New York when he signed an agreement with a major record company. But the fame makes “Dave” lose the floor, let “Gretta” and it makes the world of she comes down.
7. “Saga of Pirates of the Caribbean” (2003-2007). He gave life to “Elizabeth Swann”, who happens to be a damsel in distress to a fierce companion of adventures of “Jack Sparrow” (Johnny Depp) and “William Turner” (Orlando Bloom). This saga became a star and one of the main options for interpreting other mythical characters.
8. “The Imitation Game” (2014). After several roles in the not glaring in full, returned to the side of a british star: Benedict Cumberbatch, who plays “Alan Turing”, the mathematician who deciphered the codes nazi Enigma machine during the Second World War. Keira plays his assistant, the criptógrafa “Joan Clarke”, who is in love with Turing.
9. “Atonement” (2007). The tape is an adaptation of the Ian McEwan novel. It is located in the year 1935, when “Briony Tallis” (Saoirse Ronan), a precocious writer of 13 years, changes the course of several lives when accusing Robbie Turner (James McAvoy), the lover of her sister Cecilia (Keira Knightley) of a crime he did not commit.
10. “The Duchess” (2008). It is located in England, in the EIGHTEENTH century. “Georgian” (Knightley) was the woman most fascinating of its time. Married very young with one of the richest men of England, “Duke of Devonshire” (Ralph Fiennes), was the confidant and intimate of ministers and maintained excellent relations with the Royal House. But it failed in the search of true love.
With information from “The Armchair”, “Vix” and “Film Affinity”.